Online education platforms such as Coursera, the Sloan MBA Online and the Udacity Computer Science program, are making higher education more available to women. These may be a good match for those who want an INTENSIVE program (more than 24 hours/week) that can help them prepare for higher-level positions or for graduate school.
Top 5 Women Friendly Online MBA Programs
There are many online MBA programs designed specifically with women in mind. Here are the top 5:
- The George Washington University School of Business offers an online MBA program with a curriculum that is flexible and tailored to the needs of working women.
- The University of Florida Warrington College of Business offers an online MBA program with a focus on leadership development for women.
- Arizona State University’s W. P. Carey School of Business offers an online MBA program with a curriculum that is designed to help women succeed in business.
- Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business offers an online MBA program that is flexible and affordable, making it a great option for working women.
- Northeastern University’s D’Amore-McKim School of Business offers an online MBA program with a focus on social entrepreneurship, which is perfect for women who want to make a difference in the world.
Classes & Time Commitments
The best online MBA programs for women can be found at many different schools. However, finding the right one can be a challenge. Here are a few tips to help you find the best online MBA program for you:
- Consider your time commitments. Do you have time to attend class on a regular basis? If not, an online program may be a better option for you.
- Consider your class schedule. Are there certain times of day or week that work better for you? An online program can give you the flexibility to choose when you want to take classes.
- Consider the curriculum. Make sure the program offers courses that interest you and will help you reach your goals.
- Consider the cost of the program. Make sure you can afford the tuition and other associated costs before enrolling in an online MBA program.
- Talk to others who have completed an online MBA program. Get their advice and opinions on different programs before making a final decision.”
GMAT Exam Requirements
To be eligible to take the GMAT exam, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. There is no specific major required to take the GMAT, but business and math courses will likely be most helpful in preparing for the exam.
The GMAT is comprised of four sections: analytical writing, integrated reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and verbal reasoning. Each section is designed to test different skills that are important for success in business school.
The analytical writing section measures your ability to write coherent and well- reasoned essays. The integrated reasoning section tests your ability to understand and analyze complex data sets. The quantitative reasoning section assesses your aptitude for math and problem solving. The verbal reasoning section gauges your ability to read and comprehend written material and synthesize information.
You will have three hours and thirty minutes to complete the GMAT exam. The exam is offered year-round at testing centers around the world. You can register for the GMAT online or by phone.
Accessibility and affordability are two major concerns for women when choosing an online MBA program. Fortunately, there are many high-quality programs available that offer both. Here is a list of the best online MBA programs for women based on tuition costs:
- Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University: Ranked as one of the top business schools in the country, Kellogg offers an online MBA program with a relatively low tuition cost of $61,536.
- Berkeley Haas School of Business at University of California Berkeley: Another top-ranked business school, Berkeley Haas offers an online MBA program with a slightly higher tuition cost of $64,532.
- Yale School of Management: Yale offers an excellent online MBA program with a very competitive tuition cost of $67,400.
- Duke Fuqua School of Business: Duke Fuqua is another top-ranked business school that offers an online MBA program with a reasonable tuition cost of $71,760.
- Columbia Business School: Ranked as one of the best business schools in the world, Columbia offers an online MBA program with a slightly higher tuition cost of $73,852.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
We understand that the cost of tuition is a major concern for many women when choosing an online MBA program. Fortunately, there are many scholarships and financial aid options available to help offset the cost of tuition. Here is a list of scholarships and financial aid options that are specifically designed for women:
- Forté Fellows Scholarship: The Forté Fellows Program is a national scholarship program that provides merit-based awards to women who are enrolled in full-time MBA programs at participating schools. Forté Fellows receive up to full tuition plus a stipend for living expenses.
- American Association of University Women (AAUW): The AAUW is one of the largest sources of funding for women pursuing graduate degrees in the United States. They offer several different types of fellowships and grants, including the International Fellowship, which provides awards up to $18,000 to women who are pursuing graduate degrees outside of the United States.
- National Association for Female Executives (
Graduate Success Rates
There are a number of online MBA programs available that cater specifically to women. These programs typically offer a curriculum that is designed to help women succeed in business. They also often provide support services and resources that are geared towards helping women succeed in their careers.
The graduate success rates for these programs vary, but they generally have high rates of success. Many of these programs have job placement services that can help women find positions after graduation. Additionally, the alumni networks for these programs can be invaluable in helping women advance in their careers.
The cost of an online MBA program can vary depending on the school you choose to attend. However, most of these programs say they offer affordable tuition rates. You may also be eligible for financial aid or scholarships to help offset the cost of your degree.